As per Government new norms, Aadhaar card is linking to various things that we use in our day to day life. Now after linking it t a bank account, voter ID, PAN Card and Mobile SIM card, recently another circular has been issued by the Security and Exchange Board of India and Stock exchange to link Aadhar card number with the Demat accounts for stock trading.
Link Aadhaar number to Mutual funds online
As everything is linking including stock exchange then what about Mutual Funds? How to link Aadhar to mutual funds? The day is coming when the government will announce to link Aadhar card with mutual funds investments.
According to the new rules to avoid Money laundering act 2017, financial institutions such as mutual funds should collect Aadhar card number from their clients and link it with their mutual fund accounts. So for that purpose, you have to link your know the procedure to link the Aadhar cards to your respective accounts online.
Use CAMS Portal For Linking Aadhaar Card with Mutual Funds:
Computer Age Management is a R&T service provider to link Aadhar card number to your mutual funds accounts. It is the leading R&T to give service to more than 50% of the Mutual fund companies such as HDFC Mutual Fund, Kotak Mutual Funds, Mahindra Mutual Funds, SBI Mutual Funds, Union Bank Mutual Fund and many more.
If you are an investor in any of the companies that are being mentioned above then below are the steps that will guide you to link your Aadhar card to mutual funds account.
- Go to CAMS official Website.
- Their give your email Id that is linked to your mutual fund account, PAN number and then choose the mutual fund where you have invested your money. Then hit the submit option.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, then type it in the blank space give and press submit button.
- After that CAMS will verify your details with the UIDIA, once verify a successfully linked message will be shown on your computer screen.
- An email will also be sent to your registered email ID.
Use Karvy Portal To Link Aadhar number with Mutual fund folios:
If you have an account with these respective mutual funds company then you need to use the Karvy portal to link your Aadhar card number with mutual fund account.
It is an R&T provider for these following companies, Baroda Pioneer, BOI AXA, AXIS, DHFL, Canara, IDBI, JM Financial, Motilal Oswal, Principal, Reliance, Quantum, Taurus, UTI, INVESCO and many more. The following are the steps to link aadhar card using the karvy portal.
- First, visit Karvy portal.
- There are four ways to link Aadhar number to mutual fund using the karvy portal.
- Linking Through PAN Online
- Enter the PAN card number and then click to generate OTP then you will receive an OTP number on your email id.
- Then you have to choose the mutual fund plan where you have invested and remember to enter your aadhar card number on the relevant bank space provided and then hit the submit button.
- When the linking is successfully completed then a message will be sent for confirmation from karvy and UIDAI.
- Along with the online method karvy has introduced linking through SMS.In this process, you have to send a (ADRLNK <PAN><AAdharNumber>) to 9212993399 from the registered mobile number of yours. After authentication a confirmation message will be sent from karvy.
- You can get it done offline by contacting the distributor of your mutual fund.
Use Franklin Templeton Portal to link Mutual fund investment with Aadhaar Number :
If there is any who have invested with the plans offered by Franklin India you can easily link your aadhar card number with the respective procedure.
- First, go to the Franklin India portal and there click on customer service option.then click on update aadhar card on the homepage.
- Then give the PAN card number there and other additional details Hit the next button.
- Provide the bank account number that is linked to the investment plan that you are using. Then hit the next button.
- Now give the aadhar number on the next page and hit the submit button.
- After linking is successful then you will get a confirmation message on your email and mobile phone.
The above written is the steps that have guided you to link aadhar card with mutual fund. With that, you can save time from visiting the branch for linkage. So do it and link your Aadhar card easily.